Connecting your external bank account
If you need to reconnect your external bank account to Dave, please follow these steps:
1. Navigate to your settings ⚙️
2. Scroll and tap Linked bank and cards
3. Tap on your linked bank and select Change bank
4. Follow the flow to Securely connect your bank
During the flow, you'll use the same login info you use with your bank. You'll be asked some security questions, we'll verify your account and that's it! Your bank should connect to Dave.
Tips and troubleshooting
Make sure you're entering your most recent login information. Check the username and password you use on your external bank's app, then give it another try. And if you have a negative balance, you'll need to settle that before updating your bank connection.
Please note, Dave doesn't support:
• PayPal, American Express, Discover, Cash App, Credit Karma, credit cards or most prepaid accounts
• Joint or shared bank accounts
• Debit cards that expire within two (2) months. Be sure to add cards that expire in three or more (3+) months
If you're seeing continuous error messages when attempting to connect, you may want to try connecting a different account or sign up for Dave Spending and set your direct deposit there.
If you need some extra help, please contact our Member Success team by navigating to your settings in the Dave app, then scroll down and Chat with us.