We will investigate your dispute immediately after it is reported to us, but it can take anywhere from 45 to 90 days to fully resolve depending on dispute type and merchant.
You can check the status of your dispute by contacting Member Success:
• Phone - Call the number on the back of your Dave debit Mastercard
• Chat - From the Dave app
• Email - email@example.com
In order to provide updates on your dispute and to protect your account security, we'll need to verify additional details with you to discuss account specific information:
• Date of the transaction, name of the merchant and amount of the charge
• Date that you contacted Dave to file your dispute
If you are eligible for a provisional credit and we cannot complete our investigation in 10 business days (20 business days for new accounts), you’ll get a temporary credit while we continue to investigate your dispute. You should see this credit in your account by the end of the 10th business day (20th business day respectively).
Updates & Outcomes
Once we complete our investigation, we will send you either a physical letter or email, based on your choosing detailing the updates to your dispute:
• If we find that your dispute was valid and we gave you provisional credit, we will make that credit permanent
• If we find that your dispute was valid and you were not eligible for provisional credit, we will make the funds available in your Dave Spending account within the 45-90 day timeframe
• If we find that your dispute was not valid, the provisional credit will be reversed in 5 business days. The notice you receive will include the date of the provisional credit reversal.