We will immediately begin investigating your claim after reporting it to Dave, which can take up to 90 days, depending on type and merchant. You may be able to contact the merchant directly for a quicker resolution.
How we will communicate
We will typically contact your through mail or email with status updates or requests for additional information, so it's important that your mailing address and email address are accurate.
You can also check the status of your dispute by contacting us:
• Phone - Call the number on the back of your Dave debit Mastercard
• Chat - From the Dave app
• Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to provide updates on your dispute, we'll need to verify additional details:
• Date of the transaction, name of the merchant, and amount of the charge
• Date that you contacted Dave to file your dispute
Your available balance will be reduced by the disputed amount until it is determined if you are eligible for provisional credit or until the dispute is completed.
If we cannot complete our investigation in 10 business days (20 business days for new accounts), you’ll get a temporary credit while we continue to investigate your dispute, which can take up to 90 days. If eligible, this credit will be in your account by the end of the 10th business day (20th business day for new accounts).
Updates and outcomes
Once we complete our investigation, we will send you either a physical letter or email based on your choosing, detailing the updates to your dispute.
If we found your dispute claim:
• Valid and we gave you provisional credit, you will receive the permanent credit
• Valid but you were not eligible for provisional credit, the funds will be made available in your Dave Spending
• Not valid, the provisional credit will be reversed in 5 business days. You will be responsible for paying the dispute charges. The notice you receive will include the date of the provisional credit reversal.