The security of your account is our top priority. Here are some tips on creating a strong password and staying safe online.
Create a strong Dave password
• Create a robust and unique password: We recommend creating a password that is both strong and unique. Make sure it's at least 12 characters long and includes a combination of uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers, and special characters. Avoid using easily guessable information like birthdays or names. Consider using memorable pass-phrases like 50BearzRlookingforyou?
• One password, one account: Never reuse passwords across different accounts. We strongly advise against this practice as it increases the risk of multiple accounts being compromised if one is breached. Your security is our top priority, so please choose distinct passwords for each account.
• Be alert to phishing attempts: Your vigilance matters! Be cautious when interacting with suspicious links, emails, messages, or calls that may be attempting to deceive you into providing personal information. If something seems off, trust your instincts and report any suspicious activity to our support team immediately. Never share your password or verification code with anyone outside of the Dave app.
• Be wary of social engineering tactics: Be mindful when sharing personal information or login credentials, even if someone claims to be from Dave or support team.
Secure your Dave account
Always use a strong password for your Dave account. If you ever receive an SMS based code that you did not request, we strongly recommend changing your password.
Secure your mobile device
• Always set up a passcode or pin for your mobile device: Many newer phones have support for fingerprint readers or face ID as well. Check your phone manufacturer’s instructions on how to do so.
• Stay up to date with software and app updates: To maintain the highest level of security, we recommend regularly updating your apps, operating systems, and devices. These updates often include crucial security patches that address vulnerabilities and protect your account from potential threats.
Secure your personal email account
If you have an email address you use with your Dave account, we recommend securing it using strong passwords and enabling multi factor authentication where available.
Secure your identity
After creating a Dave account, the Dave team will never ask you for your full social security number (on occasion, we may ask for the last four digits in our app). To keep yourself safe, do not share your full SSN or last four digits outside of the Dave app.
For more information on how to keep your identity safe online, check out the FTC guide.
If you believe your account may have been compromised, contact us here as soon as possible.